Our accessibility services
Our services for people with disabilities
- Disabled parking
- Free rental wheelchairs
- Broad footways and accessibility in all parts of the zoo
- Maximum incline of 10% is never exceeded on our footways and ramps
- Accessible restrooms in all theme worlds
- Boat tour is wheelchair accessible
- Seperately bookable guided tours can be adapted for wheelchair users on request
- Guide dogs can be brought into the zoo and may be eligible for free entry (please visit our service-point)
- Dedicated wheelchair seats in our arenas
- All tables in our restaurants are wheelchair compatible
Admission fees for persons with disabilities
People with disabilities pay regular admission prices.
However, holders of a handicapped ID with markers equivalent to the German labels for persons with major disabilities (B, Bl, AG, H), or otherwise evidently reliant on a caregiver are entitled to receive an additional free ticket, required to be used by a person responsible for (and capable of) safeguarding the ID holder.
When non-German handicapped IDs are presented, their eligibility to qualify for a free ticket is subject to the discretion of our customer service staff.
We are here for you!
Our customer service team